Luminaires - Part 2-18: Particular requirements - Luminaires for swimming pools and similar applications
IEC 60598-2-18:2022 specifies requirements for fixed luminaires intended for use in water, or in contact with water, in, for example, the basins of swimming pools, fountains, paddling pools, and garden pools, and for use with electric light sources.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1993 and Amendment 1:2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- references to Part 1 have been updated;
- some subclauses have been renumbered;
- the standard has been redrafted such that it is applicable to both filament lamps and LED light sources;
- marking requirements have been updated and 18.5.3 of the previoius edition has been deleted;
- 18.10.3 of the previous edition has been deleted, as it is no longer relevant, following the update of requirements for cross-sectional areas of external and internal cables in Section 5 of Part 1;
- 18.10.4 and 18.10.5 of the previous edition renumbered as 18.11.4 and 18.11.5 in this edition have been adapted to allow the use of an alternative waterproof multi-core cable that conforms to the waterproof test of Annex D and Annex E of EN 50525‑2‑21:2011 or to an equivalent regional standard;
- in 18.11 (18.10 in the previous edition), the cross-sectional area of wiring has been aligned with Part 1;
- in 18.11 (18.10 in the previous edition), the types of cables have been updated with alternative regional cables.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
Swimming pools - Premoulded fibre-reinforced plastics - Design and fabrication
Swimming pools - Premoulded fibre-reinforced plastics - Installation
Solaria for cosmetic purposes
Approval and test specification - Electrical equipment for spa and swimming pools