Information technology - Data interchange on 90 mm optical disk cartridges - Capacity: 1,3 Gbytes per cartridge
The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site.
ISO/IEC 17346:2005 defines the characteristics of 90 mm Optical Disk Cartridges (ODC) with a capacity of 1,3 GB per cartridge. It specifies only Type R/W for 2 048-byte sectors of such cartridges.
Type R/W provides for data to be written, read and erased many times over the entire recording surface of the disk using the thermo-magnetic and magneto-optical effects. It is also referred to as "fully rewritable". ISO/IEC 17346:2004 provides for 2 048-byte sectors only. All sectors on a disk are of the same size.
ISO/IEC 17346:2005 specifies:
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the environments in which the cartridges are to be operated and stored;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchange ability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and user-written; including the physical disposition of the tracks and sectors, the error correction codes, and the modulation method used;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the magneto-optical characteristics of the disk, enabling processing systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
Specification for volume and file structure of compact read only optical disks (CD-ROM) for information interchange
BS EN 2499:1990
Specification for computer output microfiche (com) A6 microfiche
BS EN 62403:2006
High density recording format on CD-R/RW disc system. HD-BURN format
BS EN 62702-1-1:2016
Audio Archive System, DVD disk and data migration for long term audio data storage