Web terms and conditions
Standards New Zealand web terms and conditions
PDF Terms and conditions / legal notice
Online One-Time NZS and AS/NZS PDF download terms and conditions
You are about to download material which is subject to strict conditions of use. Copyright in this material is owned by Standards New Zealand. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By continuing with this download you, as the named user, are agreeing to be bound by all of these terms and conditions:
- You are purchasing a single-user licence to store one or more non-revisable PDF files on your personal computer.
- You may print out and retain ONE printed copy of each downloaded PDF file.
- You acknowledge that Standards New Zealand retains title and ownership of the copyright in each PDF file and the corresponding permitted printed copy at all times.
- Under this licence, use of both the PDF files and the single permitted printed copy of each PDF file you may make are restricted to you. Under no circumstances are you permitted to sell, transfer, or copy any of the PDF files, the one permitted printed copy of each PDF file, or any part of either of them.
- You undertake that you will not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any of the downloaded PDF files, nor will you merge any of them with any other software or document, even for internal use within your organization.
- Under no circumstances may any PDF file you are downloading be placed on a network of any sort without the express permission of Standards New Zealand. Requests for network licence quotations should be emailed to email@example.com
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the selection of the PDF files that you download and that any advice or recommendation given by Standards New Zealand or its employees or agents about any aspect of any of the PDF files is intended for guidance only and is followed or acted upon entirely at your own risk.
- Standards New Zealand is not aware of any inherent risk of viruses in any of the PDF files at the time that it is downloaded. Standards New Zealand has exercised due diligence to ensure, so far as practicable, that such files do not contain such viruses.
- No warranty of any form is given by Standards New Zealand or by any party associated with Standards New Zealand with regard to any of the PDF files, and you accept and acknowledge that Standards New Zealand will not be liable in any way to you or any to other person in respect of any loss or damage, however caused which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly through any use of any of the PDF files.
- Standards New Zealand will vigorously defend the copyright in all its publications. Every person who breaches Standards New Zealand's copyright may be liable, under section 131(5) (a) of the Copyright Act 1994, to a fine not exceeding $10,000 for every infringing copy to which the offence relates, but not exceeding $150,000 for the same transaction, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years. Those in breach under section 131(5) (b) of the Copyright Act 1994 may be liable to a fine not exceeding $150,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years. If there has been a flagrant breach of copyright, Standards New Zealand may also seek additional damages from the infringing party, in addition to obtaining injunctive relief and an account of profits.
- Regardless of where you are when downloading these PDF files you accept and acknowledge that to the fullest extent possible you submit to New Zealand law with regard to this licence and to your use of each of the PDF files.
BSI PDF publications - Purchase terms and conditions / Legal Notice.
By clicking I Agree, you are accepting the terms and conditions below.
Standards New Zealand does not accept requests for credits for any BSI Standards sold.
Copyright in British Standards
Copyright in all British Standards whether electronic or other format is owned by BSI. No British Standard may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, either in whole or in part, without prior written permission of BSI save within the limits provided by English legislation.
Both visible and invisible watermarks are incorporated into British Standards and you agree that the following terms and conditions are applicable:
- A British Standard is licensed to a sole named user who is permitted to install a single electronic copy of it for use on a single computer.
- Hard copies of the BSI document may be printed by the named user for his own, non-commercial purposes.
- Where a licensed user has a specification or tender requirement to reproduce a British Standard as part of their documentation for external submission, the necessary pages of the document, including the whole document if required, may be reproduced and submitted.
- Neither Standards New Zealand nor BSI is aware of any inherent risk of viruses in the PDF files of BSI documents at the time that they are downloaded. BSI has exercised due diligence to ensure, so far as practicable, that such files do not contain such viruses. The PDF files supplied may contain embedded typefaces. In accordance with Adobe's licensing policy, these files may be printed or viewed but shall not be edited unless the typefaces which are embedded are licensed to and installed on the computer performing the editing. In downloading these files, parties accept the responsibility of not infringing Adobe’s licensing policy.
- The user accepts that the operation and use of these files is done so at the user’s risk. Neither Standards New Zealand nor BSI accepts and is not liable for any loss or damage which may be suffered from their operation or use. Adobe is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Network Licenses: Licensed users who wish to place the downloaded British Standard on an internal network or intranet are invited to apply to Standards New Zealand or the BSI Licensing Department at the following addresses.
- Permission to reproduce extracts and further information on the licensing of BSI documents are also available from BSI at the following address:
Copyright and Licensing, BSI Standards Limited
389 Chiswick High Road
London W4 4AL
IEC PDF publications – Terms and conditions / Legal Notice.
Standards New Zealand does not accept requests for credits or returns for any IEC PDFs sold.
© IEC. All rights reserved
The IEC Publication(s) YOU are ordering and downloaded are Portable Document Format (PDF) files or on-line database format and are copyrighted by: IEC, 3, rue de Varembé, P.O. Box 131, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland. All rights reserved. In all countries, there are civil and/or criminal laws against copyright infringements. By downloading, copying, installing, accessing or otherwise using IEC Publication(s) YOU agree to be bound by the terms of this Licence Agreement.
As the named customer in this Order, YOU are responsible for ensuring that the terms and conditions of this licence agreement are adhered to fully.
The IEC Publication(s) in Portable Document Format (PDF) will be electronically watermarked with the customer name, company and number of users who can use the file. This information must not be removed. IEC reserves the right to take additional measures to protect the electronic PDF files which may not be apparent to the Customer.
All access to database format standards are recorded by system and log files are created by username and domain information, all usernames and passwords should remain confidential.
You are permitted only to store the IEC Publication(s) on the local drive of your own Personal Computer with access only for your personal use. No local area network, wide area network, intranet or internet storage and access is permitted without the prior written permission of IEC.
YOU as the named customer can make one paper copy of each IEC Publication(s). No paper copy may be photocopied or reproduced in any way and may only be borrowed by other employees for their internal use within your organization. Additional paper copies may only be made with prior explicit, written permission of the IEC.
YOU may not lend, lease, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit, whether commercially or not, the IEC Publication(s) to which this Licence relates.
This Licence does not grant YOU any rights in any trademarks or service marks of IEC.
Without prejudice to any other rights, IEC may terminate this Licence if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Licence. In such event, YOU must delete the IEC Publication(s) and destroy all paper and electronic copies immediately.
IECEE Test Report Forms: The IECEE Test Report Forms may be reproduced in whole or in part for non-commercial purposes as long as the IEC is acknowledged as copyright owner and source of the material, as follows: Copyright © 2005 IEC, Geneva, Switzerland. All rights reserved.
IEC takes no responsibility for and will not assume liability for damages resulting from the reader's interpretation of the reproduced material due to its placement and context. If this Test Report Form is used by non-IECEE members, the IECEE/IEC logo shall be removed. This report is not valid as a CB Test Report unless signed by an approved CB Testing Laboratory and appended to a CB Test Certificate issued by an NCB in accordance with IECEE 02.
This Agreement is governed by the Laws of Switzerland and the courts of Geneva, Switzerland, shall be the forum for the settlement of disputes. IEC expressly reserves the right to take legal action against YOU or otherwise to enforce its rights according to Swiss or local laws in your country of domicile or in any jurisdiction where a breach of this Agreement or an infringement of residence rights may occur or may have had effect.
IEC, IEC members and distributors are using watermark in order to protect the copyright on IEC Publications and national adoptions thereof. Violators will be prosecuted.
ISO PDF publications – Terms and conditions / Legal Notice.
Standards New Zealand does not accept requests for credits or returns for any ISO PDFs sold.
© ISO. All rights reserved
You are about to download a document which is protected by copyright law in your country.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal and may be punishable by criminal law.
The document is a single-user, non-revisable Adobe Acrobat® PDF file. You are purchasing a single-user licence to store this file on your personal computer. Under no circumstances may the electronic file you are licensing be copied, transferred, or placed on a network of any sort without the authorization of Standards New Zealand (on behalf of ISO), or ISO, the copyright owner.
You may print out and retain one-only printed copy of the PDF file. This single-user licence and permission to print one copy is valid for each purchased and paid copy. This printed copy is fully protected by national and international copyright laws, and may not be photocopied or reproduced in any form. Under no circumstances may it be resold.
While all reasonable care is taken in the preparation and review of ISO International Standards and other deliverables, neither Standards New Zealand nor ISO warrants that the content of the document is accurate or up to date or that the document will be suitable for your purposes.
To the extent allowed in applicable law, in no event shall Standards New Zealand or ISO be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of this document, with the limit of the refund of the price of the purchased document.
This transaction is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand (transaction purchase) and Switzerland (copyright).
ISO, ISO members, and distributors are using watermarking in order to protect the copyright on ISO Publications and national adoptions thereof. Violators will be prosecuted.