Hard copy Terms and Conditions
Standards New Zealand's hard copy Terms and Conditions
Hard copy Terms and conditions / legal notice
Online Hard Copy NZS and AS/NZS Purchase Terms & Conditions
You are about to place an order for one or more documents which are subject to strict conditions of use. Copyright in these documents is owned by Standards New Zealand. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By confirming the placement of your order you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions:
- In these conditions:
- 'Buyer' means the person whose online order for the Publications is accepted by Standards New Zealand.
- 'Publications' means the documents the Buyer is ordering from Standards New Zealand.
- The Buyer is solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the order submitted.
- Subject to successful processing of the Buyer's payment Standards New Zealand will supply the quantity and description of the Publications as ordered by the Buyer. The Publications will be inclusive of any amendments issued by Standards New Zealand up to the date of the order.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Buyer all Publications supplied will be the current issue as at the date of order.
- No order which has been accepted by Standards New Zealand can be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in writing of Standards New Zealand.
- Standards New Zealand will normally accept the return of any publication which has been incorrectly supplied or which is in some way deficient. Standards New Zealand is not obliged, however, to accept the return of any Publication correctly supplied.
- Correctly supplied Publications cannot be returned without prior authorisation by Standards New Zealand. Requests to return supplied Publications must be received within 7 business days of the invoice date for the order. Where Standards New Zealand has authorised and accepted a correctly supplied Publication as a return, Standards New Zealand reserves the right to charge an administration and handling fee for the return.
- The Buyer is solely responsible for the selection of the Publications and any advice or recommendation given by Standards New Zealand or its employees or agents about any aspect of any of the Publications is intended for guidance only and is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer's own risk. Standards New Zealand is not liable for any loss or damage, however caused, which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly through the Buyer taking such advice or recommendation.
- The Buyer acknowledges that in calculating the price for the Publications Standards New Zealand has assumed that each of the Publications will not be re-sold to any third party and the Buyer further acknowledges that it is a condition of the sale that the Buyer will not without the prior consent in writing of Standards New Zealand resell, loan or part with possession of any of the Publications or of any part of any of them.
- The Buyer acknowledges that copyright subsists in each of the Publications and that that copyright is owned by Standards New Zealand. Except as may be permitted under the Copyright Act 1994 the Buyer undertakes not to copy any part of any Publication in any form without securing the prior written permission of Standards New Zealand.
- The Buyer undertakes not to modify, adapt, disassemble, translate, or create derivative works based on any of the Publications, even for internal use within the Buyer's organisation.
- Standards New Zealand will vigorously defend the copyright in all its publications. Every person who breaches Standards New Zealand's copyright may be liable, under section 131(5) (a) of the Copyright Act 1994, to a fine not exceeding $10,000 for every infringing copy to which the offence relates, but not exceeding $150,000 for the same transaction, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years. Those in breach under section 131(5) (b) of the Copyright Act 1994 may be liable to a fine not exceeding $150,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years. If there has been a flagrant breach of copyright, Standards New Zealand may also seek additional damages from the infringing party, in addition to obtaining injunctive relief and an account of profits.
- No warranty of any form is given by Standards New Zealand or by any party associated with Standards New Zealand with regard to the fitness for purpose of any of the Publications and the Buyer accepts and acknowledges that Standards New Zealand will not be liable in any way to the Buyer or any to other person in respect of any loss or damage, however caused which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly through any use of any of the Publications.
- Regardless of the country from which the Buyer places this order these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and the Buyer agrees to submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
BSI hardcopy publications - Purchase Terms & Conditions / Legal Notice.
By clicking I Agree, you are accepting the terms and conditions below.
Standards New Zealand does not accept requests for credits for any BSI Standards sold.
Copyright in British Standards
Copyright in all British Standards whether electronic or other format is owned by BSI. No British Standard may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, either in whole or in part, without prior written permission of BSI save within the limits provided by English legislation.
Permission to reproduce extracts of BSI documents can be requested from BSI at the following address:
Copyright and Licensing, BSI Standards Limited
389 Chiswick High Road
London W4 4AL
IEC hardcopy publications – Terms & Conditions / Legal Notice.
Standards New Zealand does not accept requests for credits or returns for any IEC Standards sold.
© IEC. All rights reserved
Conditions of Copyright for IEC publications
All IEC publications are protected by the publisher's copyright and no part of any IEC publication can be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means (graphic, electronic or mechanical including photocopy and recording, recording taping or information and retrieval systems) without the written permission of the publisher.
Published by International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), 3 rue de Varembé, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland.
ISO Hardcopy publications – Terms & Conditions / Legal Notice.
Standards New Zealand does not accept requests for credits or returns for any ISO Standards sold.
© ISO. All rights reserved
All ISO Publications and national adoptions thereof are protected by copyright. Therefore and unless otherwise specified, no part of an ISO Publication or a national adoption thereof may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, microfilm, scanning, without permission in writing from the publisher.
This printed copy is fully protected by national and international copyright laws, and may not be photocopied or reproduced in any form. Under no circumstances may it be resold.
While all reasonable care is taken in the preparation and review of ISO International Standards and other deliverables, neither Standards New Zealand nor ISO warrants that the content of the document is accurate or up to date or that the document will be suitable for your purposes.
To the extent allowed in applicable law, in no event shall Standards New Zealand or ISO be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of this document, with the limit of the refund of the price of the purchased document.
This transaction is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand (transaction purchase) and Switzerland (copyright).
Last updated: 26 February 2021