Feedback on the service provided by Standards New Zealand
If you’re not happy with the service you receive from us, we’d like to hear about it. We have a process to address your concerns, resolve any outstanding issues, and help us keep improving.
How to provide feedback
or write to:
Standards New Zealand
PO Box 1473
- your name and email address*
- your company name, if applicable
- account details, if applicable.
Timeframes for resolving complaints
We aim to:
- acknowledge complaints within 2 working days
- respond to complaints within 15 working days.
If you have more than one complaint, or your complaint is about more than one issue, we may need more time. If this happens, we’ll let you know.
When we assess complaints, we aim to:
- keep an open mind and take a fresh look at the issues raised
- acknowledge any mistakes and put them right if we can
- have our response checked for quality, completeness, and accuracy
- be fair
- see things from your point of view
- understand why you have lodged a complaint and address that
- escalate your complaint to the correct people as necessary
- keep in mind the context of our scope and role
- operate within legal boundaries and business policies.
What we need from you
It’ll make it easier for us to resolve your complaint if you:
- clearly identify the grounds for your complaint
- provide any extra information we ask for
- act honestly and treat us with courtesy and respect – we’ll do the same for you.
* We will use the personal information you give us to correspond with you in relation to your complaint. We do not share your personal information unless it’s necessary for the purpose for which you gave us the information (i.e. to fully and fairly investigate your complaint). We will not use it for any other purpose or disclose it except, in exceptional situations, for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 1993 or if we are required by law (for example, to investigate a criminal offence).
Last updated: 28 August 2020