Information technology — JPEG 2000 image coding system: Reference software — Part 5:
ISO/IEC 15444-5:2003 provides two independently created software reference implementations of ISO/IEC 15444-1, in order to assist implementers of ISO/IEC 15444-1 in testing and understanding its content. ISO/IEC 15444-1 defines a set of lossless and lossy compression methods for coding continuous-tone, bi-level, greyscale or colour digital still images.
The reference software is informative only. ISO/IEC 15444-5:2003 does not define any additional part of the JPEG 2000 image coding system.
Each version of the reference software contains source code, which may be compiled to provide the following functionality:
- transcoding from selected, widely available image formats into a JPEG 2000 codestream;
- transcoding from selected, widely available image formats into the JP2 file format;
- selection of a wide range of JPEG 2000 encoding options (as documented in each reference software);
- decoding from a JPEG 2000 codestream to a range of selected widely available image formats;
- partial processing of a JP2 file to extract a JPEG 2000 codestream for decoding to a range of selected widely available image formats (Note that the reference software does not implement a conforming JP2 file reader.);
- some additional tools to help with evaluation and testing.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
BS EN 17030:2018
Space. Earth observation. Image processing levels
BS ISO 9282-1:1988
Information processing. Coded representation of pictures., Encoding principles for picture representation in a 7-bit or 8-bit environment
BS ISO/IEC 10192-4-1:2022
Information technology. Home Electronic System (HES) Interfaces, Common user interface and cluster-to-cluster interface to support interworking among home cluster systems. Architecture
BS ISO/IEC 10918-2:1995
Information technology. Digital compression and coding of continuous-tone still images, Compliance testing