Issue 34 – December 2011
How international Standards can support the development of 'the car of the future' and the intelligent transport systems that will support it will be a key item on the agenda at the next Fully Networked Car workshop. The seventh edition of the workshop will be held in Geneva, Switzerland, on 7 – 8 March 2012 at the Geneva International Motor Show.
- is organised every year at the Geneva show by the World Standards Cooperation, a partnership comprising the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), and the International Union of Telecommunication (ITU)
- is a unique opportunity for the automotive industry to engage with IEC, ISO, and ITU, and discuss priorities for international Standards in coming years
- will provide a forum for strategic discussions between IEC, ISO, and ITU in this area to continue and will explore a number of related topics, including but not limited to:
- electric vehicles and electromobility
- regional perspectives on intelligent transport systems (ITS)
- ITS communications
- the car of the future.