Issue 31 – September 2011
The National Electrical Manufacturers' Association (NEMA) in the US recently visited Capitol Hill in support of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) deployment incentives in the 2012 budget. The NEMA EVSE/Systems Section communicated the impact of electric vehicles (EVs) on infrastructure (and vice versa). NEMA organised the EVSE/Systems Section to:
- support the development of the electric vehicle supply equipment market
- educate the market on the features and value of EVSE infrastructure around the world
- develop the technology, application, and product standards.
By developing consistent domestic and international codes and standards that ensure the safety and interoperability of equipment, NEMA and its EVSE Section members understand the importance of providing consumers with a product that is safe and provides a quality driving experience.
Summarised from an article by Harry Massey, NEMA Industry Director, in NEMA's Electroindustry magazine, August 2011.
- Electric vehicle deployment – partnership of industry leaders will help consumers plug in, Touchstone, June 2011
- Safety and performance of electric car batteries, Touchstone, April 2010
- Electric vehicles gaining strength, Touchstone, February 2010
- ISO Transportation Standards – update, media release, 16 December 2009
- On the road to emission-free mobility – electrically propelled road vehicles, Touchstone, November 2009