Standards Australia and Standards New Zealand jointly presented a two-day Joint Committee Member Training Workshop in Wellington in July.
The workshop was at no cost to our joint committee members and provided valuable up-to-date information on best practice for writing standards. It covered topics that are uniquely important to, and beneficial for, New Zealand joint committee members.
Day one was presented by Standards Australia and covered the writing of standards. Topics included:
- Expressions and language use within a joint standard
- Drafting of specific clauses within a joint standard
- International adoptions.
Standards NZ presented day two, covering topics such as:
- NZ participation responsibilities
- National consensus building
- Gender balance in standards development
- Standards NZ copyright policy.
The event was well attended by members from the energy sector and their feedback indicated the content of the workshop was highly valued.