Issue 54 – October 2013
To purchase PDF or hard copy Australian Standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 782 632 during business hours.
- AS 3662-2013 Performance of showers for bathing
This Standard specifies requirements for the performance of showers for bathing.
Supersedes AS/NZS 3662:2005 in Australia only
- AS 4188.8.131.52-2013 Methods of testing rocks for engineering purposes - Rock strength tests - Determination of uniaxial compressive strength - Rock strength less than 50 MPa
This Standard sets out the method for determining the uniaxial compressive strength of a rock sample in the form of specimens of regular geometry of strength less than 50 MPa. The test is intended for strength classification and characterization of intact rock.
Supersedes AS 4133.4.2-1993
- AS 4184.108.40.206-2013 Methods of testing rocks for engineering purposes - Rock strength tests - Determination of the deformability of rock materials in uniaxial compression - Rock strength less than 50 MPa
This Standard sets out the method for determining uniaxial compressive strength, the stress-strain characteristics, Young's modulus and Poisson's ratio of a rock sample in compression in the form of specimens of regular geometry of strength less than 50 MPa. The test is intended for strength classification and characterization of intact rock.
Superseded by AS 4133.4.3-1993
- AS 5263.0-2013 Gas appliances - General requirements
Specifies the uniform minimum requirements for manufacturers, designers, regulatory authorities, testing laboratories and similar organizations for the safety, performance and use of various type of gas appliances including commercial catering equipment intended for use with natural gas, town gas, liquefied petroleum gas and tempered liquefied petroleum gas.
- AS 5588-2013 Grapevine propagation material
Provides requirements on establishing and maintaining the variety, provenance (origin and selection history) and health of grapevine propagation material, classification of material according to fitness for the purpose of propagation and/or vineyard establishment, and documentation, including traceability, classification and labelling of propagation material.
- AS 5612-2013 Butterfly valves for general purposes
Specifies design requirements, suitable materials and performance tests for general purpose butterfly valves.
- AS 5711-2013 Smart grid vocabulary
Describes key concepts, and lists terms and definitions relating to smart electricity grids, in the Australian context.
- SA HB 5530-2013 A guide to accessing historical reports from pathology providers
Outlines a mechanism for requesting copies of pre-existing reports from pathology providers.
- SA RUL CS.1-2013 Ruling to Personal flotation devices - Materials and components - Requirements and test methods (Ruling to AS 4758.2, Clause 9.7, Indicators)
- SA TR 2.27-2013 Certified reference material - Alumina - Preparation and certification of ASCRM 027
ASCRM 027 is available in limited quantities only and on a non-commercial basis from the laboratories of the following refineries; Alcoa (Kwinana), BHP (Worsley) and QAL (Gladstone) - these laboratories have representation on the MN/9 committee and should be contacted for further details.
- Amendment 2-2013 to MP 100-2009 Procedures for certification of organic and biodynamic products
- Amendment 1-2013 to AS 1668.2-2012 The use of ventilation and airconditioning in buildings - Mechanical ventilation in buildings
- Amendment 1-2013 to AS 4145.5-2011 Locksets and hardware for doors and windows - Controlled door closing devices (EN 1154:1997, MOD)
- Amendment 1-2013 to AS EN 50069-2013 Welded composite enclosures of cast and wrought aluminium alloys for gas-filled high-voltage switchgear and controlgear
- Amendment 1-2013 to AS EN 50089-2013 Cast resin partitions for metal-enclosed gas-filled high-voltage switchgear and controlgear
- AS/NZS 3662:2005 Performance of showers for bathing
In Australia only this standard is superseded by AS 3662-2013
- AS 4133.4.2-1993 Methods of testing rocks for engineering purposes - Rock strength tests - Determination of uniaxial compressive strength
Superseded by AS 4220.127.116.11-2007 and AS 418.104.22.168-2013
- AS 4133.4.3-1993 Methods of testing rocks for engineering purposes - Rock strength tests - Determination of deformability of rock materials in uniaxial compression
Superseded by AS 422.214.171.124-2009 and AS 4126.96.36.199-2013