Issue 35 – February 2012
The British Standards Institution (BSI) has published Assessing and managing flood risk in development – Code of practice BS 8533:2011. The Standard gives practical guidance on the appropriate assessment and management of flood risk where development is proposed in the UK.
- provides developers and decision makers (local authorities and regulators) with practical assistance to deal with flood risk in and around their development
- helps users to analyse flood risk and select appropriate risk management solutions
- complements national planning policies and guidance for development and flood-risk management in the UK
- is complementary to BS EN 752:2008, which covers drain and sewer systems outside buildings.
- NZS 9401:2008 Managing flood risk – A process Standard
- BS EN 752:2008 Drain and sewer systems outside buildings