Issue 46 – February 2013
The International Organization for Standardization's (ISO) ISO 14001 Continual Improvement Survey 2013 is now open until 25 April 2013.
The survey aims to develop an understanding of the needs of current, past, and potential users. The results will be used to inform the revisions of ISO 14001 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use and ISO 14004 Environmental management systems – General guidelines on principles, systems, and support techniques, which are currently under way.
The following 'user' groups are encouraged to participate in the survey:
- organisations of all sizes and across a range of industry sectors
- an organisation that is third party certified or has self-declared or uses ISO 14001 as a general framework for its environmental management system
- organisations that are aware of ISO 14001 but do not currently use it or have actively chosen not to use it or no longer use it
- organisations that specify their suppliers comply with ISO 14001
- certification companies
- accreditation bodies
- academia and research institutions