BS 8574:2014 Code of practice for the management of geotechnical data for ground engineering projects gives recommendations on the management of geotechnical data throughout the life cycle of civil engineering and building projects at both an organisational and project level.
- defines data as a concept and provides recommendations on the collection, verification, manipulation, distribution, presentation, and storage of data
- applies to all aspects of ground engineering including ground investigation, environmental investigation, construction, piling, tunnelling, and asset management
- provides some explanations on the role of software, databases, and electronic data transfer formats.
Who should use BS 8574?
Users of BS 8574 include:
- engineering geologists
- geotechnical and environmental engineers
- geotechnical data managers
- IT managers
- project managers.