The Gas (Safety and Measurement) Amendment Regulations 2014 have been approved and will come into force on 31 July 2014*. These amendments:
- clarify some low risk and high risk definitions; and some unsafe definitions
- clarify some detail related to certification of gasfitting
- amend the number threshold for small production gas appliances for endorsement
- clarify landlords' and hirers' obligations for the safety of gas installations and appliances offered for hire or lease
- update the standards recognised for compliance with these regulations.
*Please note, however, that, for the following standards, the regulations include introduce transitional provisions that allow the use of these standards until 31 December 2015:
NZS 5261, NZS 5428, AS/NZS 5601.1:2010, AS/NZS 5601.2:2010, AS/NZS 5601.1:2013, AS/NZS 5601.2:2013.
See the legislation website for a copy of the amendment and the regulations.