Issue 47 – March 2013
Over 1000 companies were certified to ISO 50001:2011 Energy management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, by the end of 2012 – just over a year after publication.
A promising start for the ' young' Standard, which reflects the growing importance of energy efficiency on the international agenda and increasing confidence in ISO 50001 as a viable solution.
ISO 50001 provides a framework of requirements urging organisations to:
- develop a policy for more efficient energy use
- fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- use data to better understand, and make decisions on energy use
- measure results
- review how well the policy works
- continually improve energy management.
Summarised from ISO Focus+, February 2013.
Note: You can order ISO Standards from www.standards.co.nz or call 0800 782 632 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of Standards New Zealand receive a 20% discount on all NZS and AS/NZS Standards, and a 10% discount on all international Standards. Visit our Membership page for more information.