Standards New Zealand invites public comment on the draft Amendment 1 to AS/NZS 3000 Electrical installations (known as the Australian/New Zealand Wiring rules), DR3000A1. The draft is available for public comment until 9 April 2009.
Draft Amendment 1 to AS/NZS 3000:2007 corrects a number of editorial errors, and clarifies, amends, or introduces new technical requirements. The amendment affects over 100 clauses, tables, and figures.
Notable changes include:
- limiting the restriction of a maximum of three final subcircuits per residual current devices (RCD) to residential installations only (Clause 188.8.131.52)
- excluding the requirement for RCD protection for stoves and ovens (Clause 184.108.40.206)
- introduction of a requirement for 10 mA RCD protection of higher risk installations such as kindergartens, day-care centres and primary schools (New Clause 220.127.116.11 )
- clarifying the colour code requirements for flexible cords and flexible cables (Clause 18.104.22.168 and Tables 3.1 & 3.2)
- clarification of electrical work requiring building consent in New Zealand (Clause E3.3)
- the appendix on High Voltage Electrical Installations (Appendix K) has been deleted.