Children are now required to use an approved child restraint up to their 7th birthday when travelling in motor vehicles. If you would like to know how booster seats save lives, an easy to understand infographic created by Safekids Aotearoa demonstrates how a booster seat works, and provides injury information, statistics, and safety messages to keep school-age children safe when travelling in motor vehicles.
- Read the infographic
- You can also watch the Safekids Webcast: The New Law and the 148cm message on Youtube
- Visit the New Zealand Transport Authority’s website for useful information on the changes to child restraint laws
- Read more on the MySafekids website
Note: In New Zealand, child restraints must comply with these approved standards:
- AS/NZS 1754 Child restraint systems for use in motor vehicles
- American standard FMVSS 213
- European standard shown by E3 (or another number depicting the European country).