Standards New Zealand has published the latest revision of Industrial fall-arrest systems – Selection use and maintenance AS/NZS 1891.4:2009. This Standard provides recommendations for components of, and safe use of, industrial fall-arrest systems.
AS/NZS 1891.4:2009 covers the selection requirements, safe use, and maintenance of industrial fall-arrest systems and devices, and associated lanyards, connectors, anchorages, and fittings. It includes safe practices to be followed in the use of components and assemblies.
Changes from the last edition are as follows:
- new terminology for harnesses (full or lower body) and positioning of fall-arrest attachment points
- inclusion of twin tail lanyards
- in-service values for the extension of personal energy absorbers in fall situations
- updated requirements for operator training and assessment
- increased minimum allowable anchorage strength.