The AS/NZS ISO 8124 series of Standards specifies requirements for general safety, construction, and labelling requirements for toys. It is available in six Parts:
- Part 1: Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties. Part 1 is being revised. Public comment has closed and a new version will be published by early 2009.
- Part 2: Categories of flammable materials, which are prohibited in all toys.
- Part 3: Levels and methods of sampling and extraction prior to analysis for the migration of certain elements from toy materials and from parts of toys.
- Part 9: Requirements for the content of certain hazardous organic chemical compounds from/in certain toys and materials.
- Part 10: Sample preparation and extraction procedures for establishing the release of organic chemical compounds from toys for which requirements exist in Part 9.
- Part 11: Methods for the analysis of toy and toy material extracts prepared according to the sampling procedures in Part 10, to enable assessment of compliance with the chemical requirements specified in Part 9.