Standards New Zealand constantly reviews standards that are more than 10 years old to ensure they are current and continue to be fit for purpose. As part of this review, we ask for feedback from stakeholders on standards which we propose to withdraw.
We are now consulting on 29 joint Standards Australia/ Standards New Zealand standards across these key sectors:
- Building and Construction
- Business and ICT
- Consumer and Occupational Safety
These publications are proposed for withdrawal for one of the following reasons:
- The standard does not reflect current practice or research
- It is not suitable for new and existing applications (products, systems or processes)
- It is not compatible with current views and expectations regarding quality, safety and the environment.
Withdrawn standards can still be used within an industry, community or government and are therefore still available for purchase.
We welcome your input to help determine if they should be withdrawn, reconfirmed, or revised. We also need your views on what other standards or documents are being used instead of the proposed standard for withdrawal.
You can read more information, including which standards are affected and how to comment, on our website.