Issue 35 – February 2012
BS 8888:2011 Technical product documentation and specifications brings together, in one easy-to-follow document, all international Standards needed to prepare technical product specifications (TPS). This is in accordance with geometrical product specification principles.
BS 8888 covers more than just engineering drawing. It includes all aspects of technical product specification including, for instance, the use of 3D CAD models to define component geometry.
BS 8888 ensures you:
- have access to one reference source with all information
- speak the same language when specifying and graphically representing products
- are precise in your application and leave no room for misinterpretation
- help the smooth transfer of design concept to manufacturing process
- shorten product development time
- increase speed to market.
This revision of BS 8888 introduces the new international documentation and geometrical product specification Standards published since the 2008 edition. It also incorporates more fully than previous editions some of the fundamental requirements of the key international Standards for the preparation of technical product specifications.