Issue 28 – June 2011
The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) recently introduced improvements to its online trade mark filing services. The changes include:
- a searchable list of pre-approved goods and services descriptions to assist with classifying a trade mark
- new layout and navigation to make it simpler to move between screens and complete applications
- the ability to file multiple convention claims
- an option to enter your goods and services description.
Check out the IPONZ website for more details on these new online services (www.iponz.govt.nz).
- Online filing is IPONZ's preferred method of filing, and you can find details of online services on the IPONZ website (www.iponz.govt.nz/cms/iponz/get-it-done-online).
- If you are not yet registered, find out how to become a registered user of IPONZ online services (www.iponz.govt.nz/cms/contact/ask-a-question/how-do-i-manage-my-login/get-a-user-id).
Summarised from Business Update May 2011, Ministry of Economic Development.