Issue 31 – September 2011
The best of engineering design in New Zealand has been celebrated at The Association of Consulting Engineers New Zealand Inc. (ACENZ) INNOVATE NZ Awards of Excellence 2011. 'These awards celebrate the supreme of the consulting industry,' says Convenor of Judges Allan Leahy. 'All of the finalists had to demonstrate above the norm technical expertise, innovation, complexity, and, above all, client service.'
Gold Awards of Excellence
- Auckland Harbour Bridge Box Girder Strengthening
- New Lynn Rail Trench and New Lynn Station
- Rosedale Wastewater Treatment Plant Tunnel
- Silver Fern Farms Bubbling Fluidised Bed Boiler
- USAR Specialists – Response to the Christchurch Earthquake
- Waitomo Caves Visitor Centre
- Wastewater Network Strategic Improvement
- Watercare Project Hobson
Visit the ACENZ website (www.acenz.org.nz/Section1.aspx?Section=4&Page=4) to read more about the 'Gold Award of Excellence' winners and the winners of the 'Silver Awards of Excellence' and the 'Awards of Merit'.
Summarised from an Association of Consulting Engineers New Zealand media release 7 August 2011.