A new work item is being proposed for the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to provide implementation guidance to the risk management framework and process defined in ISO 31000:2009 Risk management – Principles and guidance.
The purpose of this work item would be to develop a guidance document that provides greater detail and information on how to establish risk management in any organisation. The work would build on core elements of ISO 31000:2009.
The guidance document may include additional information on:
- implementing risk management framework and process
- risk management strategy
- developing a risk management culture
- building capability and competence
- treating and managing the identified risks
- improving an organisation's performance of its risk management
- maximising opportunities and minimising losses in the organisation.
To learn more about this proposed new work item please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can now purchase PDFs of ISO Standards from Standards New Zealand – please email email@example.com or call 0800 782 632 during business hours to order PDFs. ISO publications in hardcopy formar are also available for purchase from our website www.standards.co.nz by entering the Standard number and selecting the ISO button in the search panel.
- ISO/IEC 31010:2009 Risk management – Risk assessment techniques
- ISO Guide 73:2009 Risk management – Vocabulary
Related Touchstone articles
- New risk assessment Standard joins risk management toolbox – March 2010
- New risk management Standard available now – December 2009
- Risk management – new vocabulary Standard – December 2009