A new standard provides a guide for tradespeople performing lead paint management work to deal with lead paint and related hazards in a safe and responsible way. AS/NZS 4361.2:2017 Guide to hazardous paint management – Part 2: Lead paint in residential, public and commercial building provides guidance for the management of lead paint on non-industrial structures like residential, public, and commercial buildings:
The new standard:
- will help builders, tradespeople, architects, and owners of residential, public, and commercial buildings in which lead paint is present
- provides information on methods to determine:
- if lead is present on a building
- the amount of lead present
- the selection of an appropriate management strategy
- applies to lead paint only and provides guidelines to produce a safer working environment.
To see the standard in the webshop, click here.
Image by Lamiot (Own work) CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons