It is a legal requirement that all safety glass is permanently and visibly marked. This requirement applies where small panels are cut from a larger laminated panel with each individual unit marked.
The marks must include:
- the manufacturer’s or supplier’s name, registered trademark or GANZ registered number
- the code/words for safety glazing type (T or toughened, L or laminated, TL or toughened laminated)
- a letter indicating grade of safety glazing (A or B)
- the glass type (for example, F for float, S for sheet)
- the applicable test standard (for example, AS/NZS 2208:1996 Safety glazing materials in buildings)
- a number to indicate nominal thickness.
From BRANZ Guideline, July 2016
Buy AS/NZS 2208:1996