Most designers and builders involved in residential building work should have a copy of at least E2/AS1 and NZS 3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings, but are they the latest versions? All Acceptable Solutions, standards, and BRANZ publications undergo revision and amendment, and you do need to be working from the current or latest version.
- For NZS 3604, it should have 2011 on the front cover and include Amendments 11 and 12, which are given in B1/AS1.
- For E2/AS1, it should be the Third Edition including Amendment 6.
- The BRANZ House Building Guide should be the 3rd edition.
- Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods For New Zealand Building Code Clause, B1 Structure (B1/AS 1 is on page 23)
- Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods For New Zealand Building Code Clause, E2 External Moisture (E2/AS 1 is on page 25).
Find out more about the BRANZ House Building Guide, which includes all the new NZS 3604 and E2/AS1 changes.
Summarised from BRANZ Guideline, December 2014.