BRANZ Maps, available free from the Toolbox on the BRANZ website, can be used to obtain information about a particular site, namely:
- earthquake zones as per NZS 3604:2011 – the earthquake zones are modified versions of those in Figure 5.4 of NZS 3604:2011 so that they better align with NZS 1170.5:2004 Structural design actions – Earthquake actions – New Zealand
- exposure zones based on Figure 4.2 of NZS 3604:2011
- wind regions and lee zones as per Figure 5.1 of NZS 3604:2011
- climate zones based on Figure B1 in NZS 4218:2004 Energy efficiency – Small building envelope for use with H1/AS1
- rainfall intensity for use with E1/AS1 – rainfall Intensity values are sourced from NIWA’s High Intensity Rainfall Design System (HIRDS) calculator and correspond to a 10-minute rainfall intensity with an annual probability exceeding 10%.