It is 6 months since the Government announced its response to the Canterbury Earthquakes Royal Commission and already significant progress has been made on the policy and legislation priorities identified. The priorities are:
- the management of earthquake-prone buildings
- the management of buildings after a disaster, and
- the regulation of the engineering profession.
- Read more about progress on the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment website
- Read New Zealand Standards and earthquakes FAQs
Summarised from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s Codewords 58, October 2013.