Issue 35 – February 2012
When designing, specifying and installing gas appliances, the minimum requirements that must be met are given in NZS 5261:2003 Gas installations and G11/AS1.
These documents specify the criteria applicable to the installation of gas meters, appliances, and flues (refer NZS 5261 Figure 3), such as:
- the required distances from windows for appliances
- separation required between flue terminals (Table 16) and other building elements such as eaves, windows, air inlets, electrical switchboards or meters
- the splashback requirements for gas hobs
- location requirements for gas containers (NZS 5261 Appendix G).
- NZS 5261:2003 Gas installation