This article is a reminder that Standards New Zealand has released for public comment a draft of the revised Timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604, the foremost Standard in New Zealand for the building and construction industry. The public comment period ends today, 7 April 2010.
Publication of the revised NZS 3604 is scheduled for late 2010/early 2011.
To review the draft (DZ 3604) and provide comments visit www.standards.co.nz/draft-standards and download the draft for free. This is a limited technical review of NZS 3604.
- Please focus your feedback only on the changes that the committee has made to the Standard. Feedback that does not relate to the scope of the revision will be accepted but will not be considered as part of this review. These comments will be deferred for future reference.
- Comments must be provided in electronic form using the template supplied on our website or by entering your comments online.
All comments received will be collated for the committee to consider before a final version of the Standard is prepared for the committee to vote on.
Standards New Zealand acknowledges the tremendous efforts to date by the P 3604 technical committee, the P 3604 Leadership Group, the members of the various work groups, and those people who provided feedback during the planning phase of the project.
Limited technical review
Standards New Zealand initiated the project to revise NZS 3604:1999 at the beginning of 2009. As part of this process we sought feedback from stakeholders on the main issues that needed to be addressed through a revision. This feedback then framed the scope of the project.
The technical committee and the Leadership Group for the review of NZS 3604 approved a limited technical review of the Standard. This means that the committee focused on addressing only specific issues within the scope of the project. The committee has not completely rewritten the Standard.
Related Touchstone articles
- Draft timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604 – public comment reminder – March 2010
- Revision of Timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604 – public comment to start in December 2009 – December 2009
- Timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604 – myth busting – August 2009
- Revision of Standard for timber-framed buildings NZS 3604 – work groups' update – July 2009
- Revision of Standard for timber-framed buildings NZS 3604 – technical committee and review update – June 2009
- Revision of Standard for Timber-framed buildings NZS 3604 – leadership group update – May 2009