This is a reminder that Standards New Zealand has released DZ 3604 for public comment. DZ 3604 is a draft of the revised Timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604, the foremost Standard in New Zealand for the building and construction industry. The public comment period ends on 7 April 2010.
Standards New Zealand will collate all comments received for the committee to consider, before a final version of the Standard is prepared for the committee to vote on. Publication of the revised NZS 3604 is scheduled for late 2010/early 2011.
Standards New Zealand initiated the project to revise NZS 3604:1999 at the beginning of 2009. As part of this process we sought feedback from stakeholders on the main issues that needed to be addressed through a revision. This feedback then framed the scope of the project.
The technical committee and the Leadership Group for the review of NZS 3604 approved a limited technical review of the Standard. This means that the committee focused on addressing only specific issues within the scope of the project. The committee has not completely rewritten the Standard.
What we are asking reviewers to do
If you or anyone in your organisation would like to review the draft DZ 3604 and provide comments, you can obtain a copy by downloading it free from our website. (www.standards.co.nz/draft-standards/)
As this is a limited technical review of NZS 3604, we ask that you focus your feedback only on the changes that the committee has made to the Standard. Feedback that does not relate to the scope of the revision will be accepted but will not be considered as part of this review. These comments will be deferred for future reference.
Comments must be provided in electronic form using the template supplied on our website or by entering your comments online.
Related Touchstone articles
- Revision of Timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604 – public comment to start in December 2009 – December 2009
- Timber-framed buildings Standard NZS 3604 – myth busting – August 2009
- Revision of Standard for timber-framed buildings NZS 3604 – work groups' update – July 2009
- Revision of Standard for timber-framed buildings NZS 3604 – technical committee and review update – June 2009
- Revision of Standard for Timber-framed buildings NZS 3604 – leadership group update – May 2009
For more information, please email email@example.com, or call 04 495 0934.