Systems and software engineering - Design and development of information for users
ISO/IEC/IEEE 26514:2022 This document covers the development process for designers and developers of information for users of software. It describes how to establish what information users need, how to determine the way in which that information should be presented, and how to prepare the information and make it available. It is not limited to the design and development stage of the life cycle, but includes information on design throughout the life cycle, such as design strategy and maintaining a design.
This document provides requirements for the structure, information content, and format of information for users of software.
This document can be applied to developing the following types of information, although it does not cover all aspects of them:
- information for users of products other than software;
- multimedia systems using animation, video, and sound;
- computer-based training (CBT) packages and specialized course materials intended primarily for use in formal training programs;
- maintenance information describing the internal operation of systems software;
- information for users incorporated into the user interface itself.
This document is applicable to information architects and information developers, including a variety of specialists:
- information architects who plan the structure and format of information products;
- usability specialists and business analysts who identify the tasks that the intended users can perform with the software;
- developers and editors of the written content of information for users;
- graphic designers with expertise in electronic media;
- user interface designers and ergonomics experts working together to design the presentation of the information on the screen.
This document is also a reference for those with other roles and interests in the process of developing information for users:
- managers of the software development process or the information-development process;
- acquirers of information for users prepared by suppliers;
- usability testers, reviewers of information for users, subject-matter experts;
- developers of tools for creating information for users;
- human-factors experts who identify principles for making information for users more accessible and easily used.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
Information technology - Measurement and rating of performance of computer-based software systems
Information technology - Software maintenance
Guide for AS/NZS ISO/IEC 12207 (Software life cycle processes)
AS/NZS ISO/IEC 12207:2013
Systems and software engineering - Software life cycle processes