Information container for linked document delivery — Exchange specification — Part 1: Container
This document defines an open and stable container format to exchange files of a heterogeneous nature to deliver, store and archive documents that describe an asset throughout its entire lifecycle.
It is suitable for all parties dealing with information concerning the built environment, where there is a need to exchange multiple documents and their interrelationships, either as part of the process or as contracted deliverables. The format is intended to use resources either included in the container (such as documents) or referenced remotely (such as web resources). A key feature is that the container can include information about the relationships between the documents. Relevant use-cases reflect the need for information exchange during the entire life cycle of any built asset and can include, but are not limited to, the handover of
- a published bidding package,
- required project deliverables at a specific project stage (e.g. when proposing different design scenarios),
- shared information as background or for further development,
- published approval packages, or
- information about versions between partners to provide a means to reference particular states of the information and track changes.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
The essential guide to Eurocodes transition
Building information management, A standard framework and guide to BS 1192
Building and civil engineering. Vocabulary, Introduction and index
Construction procurement policies, strategies and procedures. Code of practice