IEC 60335-2-50:2021 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-50: Particular requirements for commercial electric bains-marie
IEC 60335-2-50:2021 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 60335-2-50:2021 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial bains-marie, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances.
These appliances are not intended for household and similar purposes. They are used for commercial processing of food, also in areas open to the public, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries and butcheries.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- for appliances intended to be used outdoors, additional requirements can be necessary.
This standard does not apply to
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for continuous mass production of food;
- battery-operated appliances;
- appliances for heating liquids for household use covered by IEC 60335-2-15 and used in the following environments by laymen:
• staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
• farm houses;
• by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
• bed and breakfast type environments.
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2002, Amendment 1: 2007 and Amendment 2:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text, modified or deleted (Clause 1, 7.15, 10.1, 11.7, 16.2, 20.1, 20.101, 21.101, 22.101, 23.3, 27.2);
c) clarifications to some test specifications have been made (7.102, 9.101, 11.4, 15.1.1, 15.2, 19.1, 20.1);
d) introduction of requirements for appliances intended for use in areas open to the public, including external accessible surface temperatures (Clause 1, 7.12, 11.8, Table 102);
e) clarification of applicable standard for appliances for use by laymen (Clause 1, 7.12);
f) exclusion of battery-operated appliances;
g) relocation of cleaning instructions from 7.12.1 to 7.12;
h) relocation of 24.101 to 22.108;
i) conciliation of the text of IEC 60335-2-50 with other standards under IEC/TC61/MT32.
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
LP Gas - Portable and mobile appliances
Performance of household electrical appliances - Microwave ovens - Methods for measuring the performance of microwave ovens for household and similar purposes
Performance of household electrical appliances - Microwave ovens - Part 3: Construction, quality and cooking tests
Gas appliances - Part 0: General requirements