IEC 60335-2-36:2021 CMV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-36: Particular requirements for commercial electric cooking ranges, ovens, hobs and hob elements
IEC 60335-2-36:2021 CMV contains both the official standard and its commented version. The commented version provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between IEC 60335-2-36:2021 edition 7.0 and the previous IEC 60335-2-36:2017 edition 6.0. Futhermore, comments from IEC TC 61 experts are provided to explain the reasons of the most relevant changes.
IEC 60335-2-36:2021 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial cooking and baking ranges, ovens, hobs, hob elements and similar appliances, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
These appliances are not intended for household and similar purposes. They are used for commercial processing of food in areas not open to the public, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries and butcheries.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
This standard does not apply to
– appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– appliances for continuous mass production of food;
– steam cookers, forced and steam convection ovens (IEC 60335-2-42);
– appliances for keeping food and crockery warm (IEC 60335-2-49);
– commercial microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-90);
– battery-operated appliances.
This seventh edition cancels and replaces the sixth edition published in 2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text, modified or deleted (Clause 1, 7.1, 7.15, 11.4, 13.3, 21.101, 22.101, 27.2, 30.101);
c) conciliation of the text of IEC 60335-2-36 with other standards under IEC/TC61/MT32;
d) exclusion of battery-operated appliances and appliances used in areas open to the public (Clause 1);
e) relocation of cleaning instructions from 7.12.1 to 7.12;
f) clarification of the testing procedure in 15.1.1;
g) clarification on the test conditions in 19.1 and 23.3;
h) introduction of 22.110;
i) clarifications in the requirements in 25.3.
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Get this standard||Prices exclude GST|
|PDF ( Single user document)||
Keep me up-to-dateSign up to receive updates when there are changes to this standard
LP Gas - Portable and mobile appliances
Performance of household electrical appliances - Microwave ovens - Methods for measuring the performance of microwave ovens for household and similar purposes
Performance of household electrical appliances - Microwave ovens - Part 3: Construction, quality and cooking tests
Gas appliances - Part 0: General requirements