New Zealand has several Standards for toy safety that apply to toys that are made in New Zealand and those that are imported from other countries. Standards for toy safety include the AS/NZS ISO 8124 safety of toys set and AS/NZS 62115, which covers the safety of electric toys. Read more.
- Order these toy safety Standards from www.standards.co.nz or call 0800 782 632 during business hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AS/NZS ISO 8124.1:2013 Safety of toys – Part 1: Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties
- AS/NZS ISO 8124.2:2009 Safety of toys – flammability
- AS/NZS ISO 8124.3:2012 Safety of toys – Part 3: Migration of certain elements
- AS/NZS ISO 8124.6:2011 Safety of toys – Part 6: Swings, slides and similar activity toys for indoor and outdoor family domestic use
- AS/NZS 8124.9:2008 Safety of toys – Organic chemical compounds – Requirements
- AS/NZS 8124.10:2008 Safety of toys – Organic chemical compounds – Sample preparation and extraction
- AS/NZS 8124.11:2008 Safety of toys – Organic chemical compounds – Methods of analysis
- AS/NZS 62115:2011 (Excludes IEC text) Electric toys – Safety