As well as being the 80th birthday of Standards New Zealand, 2012 represents an important milestone for the ISO technical committee 176, Quality management and quality assurance, and its subcommittees. The ISO 9000 family of Standards has reached its 25th year of publication!
From the first issue in 1987, this suite has been the strongest seller for ISO and has exerted considerable influence in promoting the discipline of quality management worldwide. The most well-known member of ISO 9000 family is ISO 9001 Quality management systems – Requirements. Often used for guidance in management and purchasing, more than one million organisations around the globe now have quality management certification to the Standard. As the Chair of ISO/TC 176/SC 2, Dr Nigel Croft, says 'the incredible success of the ISO 9001 certification phenomenon has helped global supply chains to become more effective and more efficient'.
Note: You can order ISO Standards from www.standards.co.nz or call 0800 782 632 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of Standards New Zealand receive a 20% discount on all NZS and AS/NZS Standards, and a 10% discount on all international Standards. Visit our membership page for more information
- 'ISO 9001 in the supply chain' explained in ISO brochure, Touchstone, August 2012
- Quality management systems in small businesses – new handbook, media release, 23 April 2012
- Continuous improvement helps Standards New Zealand to create value through standardisation, media release, 14 October 2011
- New edition of 'ISO 9001 for small businesses' handbook, media release, 7 July 2010
- World's benchmark quality management systems Standard revised, AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008, media release, 3 April 2009
Standards New Zealand
(04) 498 3989