Acceptable Solution B1/AS1 is a supporting document to the Building Code clause for Structure (B1). Between August 2011 and 31 January 2012, which was a transition period, both NZS 3604:1999 Timber-framed buildings and NZS 3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings were referenced as Acceptable Solutions in B1/AS1.
From 1 February 2012, NZS 3604:2011 only is the cited document in B1/AS1 as an Acceptable Solution for the structural design of light timber-framed buildings. Builders, architects, engineers, designers, and students for the design and construction of timber-framed structures not requiring specific engineering design should ensure they have the latest version. NZS 3604 is a core resource for building consent authorities determining compliance with the New Zealand Building Code using the latest version.
Purchase NZS 3604:2011
- Order NZS 3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings from www.standards.co.nz or email email@example.com, or call 0800 782 632 during business hours.
- Members of Standards New Zealand save 20% on the retail price of Standards.
- Visit our membership page for more information on becoming a member.
Related Touchstone articles
- SNZ HB 3604 Handbook to NZS 3604:2011– available now, October 2011
- Revised timber-framed buildings Standard – NZS 3604:2011 available now, February 2011
Standards New Zealand
(04) 498 3989