- How New Zealand contributes to international records management Standards: Records management is essential for good governance, efficiency, and effectiveness. Records management Standards ensure information is created properly, kept, protected, and available for use when needed. We talked to Patrick Power and Trish O'Kane about how New Zealanders are helping to develop International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standards for records management. Read more.
- Auditing multiple management systems – new ISO Standard: ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for auditing management systems provides a uniform approach to multiple management system audits (such as quality, environmental, information technology services, and information security), to help organisations to combine the auditing of these systems and to save money, time, and resources. Read more. Order ISO 19011 (hard copy) from www.standards.co.nz.
- Hiring decisions – new ISO Standard on assessing people in work settings: Two new Standards outline best practice for workplace assessments: ISO 10667-1:2011 Assessment service delivery – Procedures and methods to assess people in work and organizational settings – Part 1: Requirements for the client and ISO 10667-2:2011 Assessment service delivery – Procedures and methods to assess people in work and organizational settings – Part 2: Requirements for service providers. Read more. Order ISO 10667-1 (hard copy) and ISO 10667-2 (hard copy) from www.standards.co.nz.
- New British documents on supply chain continuity and organisation recovery:
PD 25222:2011 Business continuity management – Guidance on supply chain continuity helps organisations continue to deliver their products and services when an incident occurs and affects their supply chain. Another new Standard, PD 25888:2011 Guidance on organization recovery following disruptive incidents, provides step-by-step instructions to help organisations to develop and implement effective recovery in response to an incident. Read more. Order PD 25222 (hard copy) and PD 25888 (hard copy) from www.standards.co.nz.
- New ISO Handbook demystifies geometrical product specifications: ISO Geometrical product specifications handbook – Find your way in GPS covers geometrical product specifications (GPS), for which nearly 120 ISO Standards provide a globally harmonised base for technical drawing, with benefits for manufacturing and trade. Read more. Order the handbook by calling 0800 782 632 during business hours or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preparing technical product specifications – new British Standard: BS 8888:2011 Technical product documentation and specifications brings together, in one easy-to-follow document, all international Standards needed to prepare technical product specifications (TPS). This is in accordance with geometrical product specification principles. Read more. Order BS 8888 (hard copy) from www.standards.co.nz.
- New ISO ICT Standards brochure: ISO's new brochure, The force multiplier for ICT innovation – ISO/IEC JTC 1 Joint Technical Committee 1, Information technology standards, describes new developments and explains how ICT Standards are essential to the interoperability of component parts and products from different manufacturers. Read more and download the brochure.
Note: You can order PDFs of ISO and BS Standards by calling 0800 782 632 during business hours or emailing email@example.com.
Standards New Zealand
(04) 498 3989