Last year, we published a new Standard, NZS 5255(Int):2011 Safety verification of existing gas installations. NZS 5255 provides gasfitters and other gas installation professionals with:
- specific information to assess the safety of existing gas installations
- a consistent procedure for assessing and reporting the condition of gas installations.
NZS 5255 has been issued as an interim Standard, which allows people to evaluate and comment on it. We are seeking comment by 17 August 2012. After that date, we will consider any comments received and NZS 5255 will be confirmed, withdrawn, or revised in light of those comments.
In its February 2012 Energy Safety Business Update, the Ministry of Economic Development encourages gasfitters to use NZS 5255 and to provide Standards New Zealand with any comments.
- For more information read our September 2011 media release, Safety verification of existing gas installations – Interim Standard published.
- Email your comments to email@example.com.
- Order NZS 5255(Int):2011 Safety verification of existing gas installations
- NZS 5257.1:2004 Gas industry – Audit protocol
- NZS 5261:2003 Gas installation
- NZS 5428:2006 LPG installations for non-propulsive purposes in caravans and boats
- AS/NZS 5601.1:2010 Gas installations – Part 1: General installations
- AS/NZS 5601.2:2010 Gas installations – LP Gas installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes
Standards New Zealand
(04) 498 3989