Managers responsible for selecting suppliers or responsible for p-*urchasing decisions can use theInternational Organization for Standardization's (ISO's) brochure, 'ISO 9001 in the supply chain', to understand the different ways that suppliers can demonstrate conformity ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems – Requirements. The brochure also describes what you can do if things go wrong and you are dissatisfied with performance of your supplier.
Goods and services are often promoted as being produced by suppliers with a quality management system (QMS) certified as conforming to ISO 9001:2008. There are over a million organisations in over 170 countries certified to this Standard. What does this mean? How can this help? How can you be sure that your suppliers understand what you expect from them and are capable of providing you with a consistent, conforming product? The brochure provides answers to such questions.
The objective of ISO 9001 is to provide a set of requirements that, if effectively implemented, will provide you with confidence that your supplier can consistently provide goods and services that:
- Meet your needs and expectations
- Comply with applicable regulations
Conformity to ISO 9001:2008 means that your supplier has established a systematic approach to quality management and is managing its business to ensure that your needs are clearly understood, agreed, and fulfilled.
- Download ISO 9001 in the supply chain [PDF 3.57 MB]
- Order AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems – Requirements from www.standards.co.nz or call 0800 782 632 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You can order ISO Standards from www.standards.co.nz or call 0800 782 632 during business hours or email email@example.com. Members of Standards New Zealand receive a 20% discount on all NZS and AS/NZS Standards, and a 10% discount on all international Standards. Visit our membership page for more information.
- AS/NZS ISO 9000 Set Quality Management Systems Set (Contents are: AS/NZS ISO 9000:2006 Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary, AS/NZS ISO 9004:2011 Managing for the sustained success of an organization – A quality management approach, and AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems – Requirements
- Quality management systems in small businesses – new handbook, media release, 23 April 2012
- Continuous improvement helps Standards New Zealand to create value through standardisation, media release, 14 October 2011
- New edition of 'ISO 9001 for small businesses' handbook, media release, 7 July 2010
- World's benchmark quality management systems Standard revised, AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008, media release, 3 April 2009
Standards New Zealand
(04) 498 3989