2 June 2011
Standards New Zealand regularly monitors the impact of inflation on the cost of providing our products and services. The cost of printing, publishing, and distributing Standards publications and our ongoing operational expenses have continued to rise since our last price review. We do not receive government funding and rely on revenue from Standards development contracts and from the sales of Standards to cover our operating costs.
Accordingly, we wish to advise we will be applying an average price increase of 2.8% affecting the majority of our products, services, and fees that will be effective from 3 July 2011.
Hard copy and PDF purchases
- Hard copy and PDF purchases will increase by an average of 2.8%
- Courier/handling fees for hard copy orders will increase to $12.50 plus GST
- Pricing for most recently published publications, including NZS 3604:2011, will remain unchanged.
Online Library subscriptions
- Unless otherwise negotiated in advance, Online Library subscriptions will increase by 2.8% at the time of each subscription's renewal
- This increase will be applied progressively to renewing Online Library subscriptions from 1 August 2011.
Asset Plus subscriptions and charges
- Annual monitoring subscriptions for Asset Plus will increase to a minimum of $154 plus GST
- Monitoring charges for New Zealand and Australian documents will increase to $3.60 plus GST per document
- Monitoring charges for overseas (international) documents will increase to $5.70 plus GST per document
- These increases will be applied progressively to renewing Asset Plus subscriptions from 1 August 2011.
- Standards New Zealand membership fees will remain unchanged at this time.
Royalties and copyright charges
- Unless otherwise negotiated, all new and renewing royalty arrangements and copyright charges will incorporate an average price increase of 2.8%.
This price increase is necessary to ensure we can continue to deliver the consensus-based quality products and services that we are proud to have been delivering for nearly 80 years.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Services and Sales team by calling 0800 782 632 during business hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.