Benefits of involvement in the standards development process
There are a number of benefits for nominating organisations and committee members
Nominating organisations have the opportunity to communicate their views to their nominated development committee member, giving them a voice in the standards development process.
Other benefits include:
- a direct way to ensure the standards solution will provide value to their organisation and members
- recognition as a leader within their sector
- the ability to build awareness of standards solutions within their organisation and sector.
Why participate? Standards nominating organisations [PDF, 3.8 MB]
Development committee members
By being involved in the development of a standards solution, committee members are able to directly contribute to and shape the direction of their sector. The process can also support a committee member’s professional development by:
- Enhancing their professional experience
- Building networks and learning from other experts in their field
- Contributing to, and learning from, the latest international knowledge and practice
- Helping create trade opportunities
- Representing and protecting the public interest.
- Some professional organisations award continual professional development points for standards development involvement that count towards a professional certification, for example, Information Technology Certified Professional.