Digital reader terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for accessing Standards New Zealand's digital reader.
Terms and conditions / legal notice
You are about to access material which is subject to strict conditions of use. Copyright in this material is owned and/or administered by Standards New Zealand. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding in your use you, as the named user, are agreeing to be bound by all of these terms and conditions:
- You are subscribing to use of this product under a single-user licence to view one or more non-revisable electronic files on your device.
- You acknowledge that Standards New Zealand retains title and ownership of the copyright in each electronic file at all times.
- Under this licence, use of the electronic files are restricted to you. Under no circumstances are you permitted to sell, transfer, copy, or otherwise reproduce any of the content, or any part thereof.
- You undertake that you will not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any of the content, nor will you merge any of the files with any other software or document, even for internal use within your organisation.
- Under no circumstances may any of the content you are using be placed on a network of any sort without the express permission of Standards New Zealand. Requests for this licensing should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the selection of the content that you use and that any advice or recommendation given by Standards New Zealand or its employees or agents about any aspect of any of the files is intended for guidance only and is followed or acted upon entirely at your own risk.
- Standards New Zealand is not aware of any inherent risk of viruses in any of the electronic files at the time that it is provided. Standards New Zealand has exercised due diligence to ensure, so far as practicable, that such files do not contain such viruses.
- No warranty of any form is given by Standards New Zealand or by any party associated with Standards New Zealand with regard to any of the electronic files, and you accept and acknowledge that Standards New Zealand will not be liable in any way to you or any to other person in respect of any loss or damage, however caused which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly through any use of any of the content.
- Standards New Zealand will vigorously defend the copyright in all its publications. Every person who breaches Standards New Zealand's copyright may be liable, under section 131(5) (a) of the Copyright Act 1994, to a fine not exceeding $10,000 for every infringing copy to which the offence relates, but not exceeding $150,000 for the same transaction, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years. Those in breach under section 131(5) (b) of the Copyright Act 1994 may be liable to a fine not exceeding $150,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years. If there has been a flagrant breach of copyright, Standards New Zealand may also seek additional damages from the infringing party, in addition to obtaining injunctive relief and an account of profits.
- Regardless of where you are when using these electronic files you accept and acknowledge that to the fullest extent possible you submit to New Zealand law with regard to this licence and to your use of each of the electronic files.
- Standards New Zealand may contact you by way of the details you provide to us for purposes such as requesting feedback related to the use of Standards New Zealand digital products, survey requests, and/or for other marketing or promotional means.
- Any information you provide to Standards New Zealand will be kept confidential and used only for the purposes as agreed in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Last updated: 4 March 2021